- All CHS students in grades 9-12 are required to complete 10 hours of service per quarter.
- Service may be done for one’s parish, school, or the greater community.
- Service done for one’s family (immediate or extended) may not be included. It would be expected that students are helping their families regularly anyways; this requirement is for outside service.
- Service hour forms must be signed by a supervising adult verifying the number of hours served. (NOT a parent signature, unless permission is given for an extraordinary circumstance)
- Service done over the summer: Up to 5 hours of summer service may be used for the first quarter. Exceptions are VBS, Mission Trips, and Parish Festivals – for these you may include more than 5 hours if applicable.
- Service hours do affect the student’s academic grade. However, failure to complete and turn in hours will result in an Incomplete for Religion on the student’s report card until the hours are submitted. Exemplary service will be noted by the student’s teacher for consideration of honors, scholarships and awards, and recommendations.