Christ with Us Now and Always has as its emphasis the history of the Church. The curriculum is centered on a new approach found in the teachings of the Second Vatican Council and Saint Pope John Paul II, Pope Benedict XVI, and Pope Francis. Based solidly on Sacred Scripture, the approach stresses the dignity of each individual as a person created in the image and likeness of God.
- The goal for this course is that students will know, define, and describe...
- The beginnings of the Church
- The early Church and the Persecutions
- Heresies throughout the History of the Church
- The Church in the Middle Ages
- Reform and Evangelization
- The Church in the Modern World
- In addition, the student will grow in relationship with Jesus Christ through Scripture-based prayer.
- Incorporated into the curriculum, there will be a “Catholic World View” providing students with the opportunity to encounter Jesus through His Church, particularly through Catholic art, architecture, history, music, and literature.