Information about scholarships is currently being revised. Feel free to ask Mrs. Buchholz with any questions regarding scholarships!
Two national websites I suggest is http://www.fastweb.com/ and https://colleges.niche.com/scholarships/ . Both sites are free for students make their own profile be matched with scholarship applications.
The College Board also has a great scholarship search at https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search#!welcome.
For students who plan on majoring in nursing: visit https://nurse.org/scholarships/ .
Scholarships due in January:
Scholarships due in February:
- West Central Ag Sales Association, Inc. For Seniors who have been accepted for postsecondary training in an agricultural major. Scholarships range from $300-$500. Due January 7, 2018. Pick up a paper application from Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here and here.
- Kiwannis Educational Foundation, Inc. For New Ulm students who will attend colleges in Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, or Superior, Wisconsin. One $950 scholarship. Paper application and transcript required. Pick up a paper application from Mrs. Buchholz. Return to Mrs. Buchholz by January 17th. See more information here.
Scholarships due in March:
- Hy-vee Foundation Scholarship. Senior or son/daughter of Hy-vee employee who started job before September 15, 2017. Offering 80 scholarships of $1,000 each year. Paper application, short essay, letter of recommendation, and transcript with ACT scores required. Due February 10, 2018. Pick up a paper application from Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here.
- Ben J. Seifert American Legion Scholarship. Three $730 scholarships in New Ulm will be awarded. Students must live in the New Ulm school district and be a direct descendant of someone that has served in the United States military. Due February 10, 2017. Pick up a paper application from Mrs. Buchholz or click here and here.
- Dr. & Mrs. C.A. Saffert Scholarship. One senior recipient from Cathedral High School. For students interested in the health care field. Two letters of recommendation, transcript, and essay required. Due February 20, 2018 to Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here.
- Edward M. Ozias Scholarship. One 1,000 male senior recipient from Cathedral High School. For a male student interested in furthering their education at an accredited vocational school. Due February 20, 2018 to Mrs. Buchholz. For more information click here.
- Melvin & Dorothy Guggisberg and Sue Roiger Memorial Scholarship. For students who grew up on a farm. Essay required. Due February 20, 2018 to Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here.
- New Ulm Area Foundation Scholarship. One recipient from Cathedral High School. Paper application and essay required. Due February 20, 2018 to Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here.
- Milford O. Larson and Lois M. Larson Scholarship Program. Applicants must 1) be a high school senior who resides within a 50-mile radius of North Mankato, MN; 2) plan to enroll full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university; 3) have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 and 4) pursue a course of study in one of the following technical areas: science, business, technology, engineering, pre-med, or pre-law. Due February 28, 207. Apply online here.
Scholarships due in April:
- Lafayette Lion's Scholarship. For students who live within the Lafayette Lion's territory. Paper application, statement of goals, list of community, school and work activities. Due March 1, 2018. Pick up a paper application from Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here.
- Catholic United Scholarships. View information here.
- Citizens Bank Scholarship. Must have an account with Citizens Bank. Citizens offers 2 - $1,000 Scholarships that are renewable. Students applying for the scholarship are required to take 5 online scholarship courses, found on the Citizens Bank Minnesota website. Students must take the five required courses, complete and print the Post-Test from each course and also complete and print the listed Activity from each course. Tests and Activities will need to be turned in at Citizens Bank Minnesota to receive an application. Applications will be available February 2018. Applications are due in March 2018. View scholarship information here .
- Outstanding Young Adult Scholarship by the New Ulm Women of Today. One $250 scholarship. Paper application and 2 letters of recommendation (one from a school personnel and one from another adult). Due March 5, 2018. See more information here and here.
- New Ulm Area Sport Fishermen E.E. Mecklenburg Environmental Scholarship. For students planning a career in the environmental field and intending to enroll in an accredited two or four year college or university in Fall 2018. Paper application, transcript, two or three letters of recommendation, resume, brief 1 page essay about yourself, future goals, and why the environment is important to you. Due March 20, 2018. Pick up a paper application from Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here.
- Minnesota Women's Golf Association Foundation Scholarship. For girls involved in golf. Application and Essay. Due March 31, 2018. Pick up a paper application from Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here.
Scholarships due in May-July:
- Minnesota American Legion Foundation Scholarship. Offering one scholarship of $500. For students who are a child or grandchild of a veteran. Paper application, high school transcript, personal letter, two letters of recommendation, and signature of American Legion Post Official required. Due April 1, 2018. See more information here.
- Brown County Rural Electric Trust Scholarship. Offering five scholarships of $200. Students must have a cummulative GPA of 2.5 and parents/guardians receive electricity from the Brown County Rural Electric Cooperative. Paper application, essays, high school transcript, and letter of recommendation required. Due April 2, 2018. See more information here and here.
- Tom Bovitz Memorial Scholarship/Minnesota Municipal Utilities Association. Offering one local $500 scholarship and four state scholarships varying from $2,000-500. Students must have a guardian/parent customer of an MMUA-member municipal electric or gas utility (New Ulm Public Utilities). Essay of 500-750 words responding to the theme of "Municipal utilities: good for all of us." and paper application required. Due April 2, 2018. See more information here.