Information about scholarships is continuously being revised. Feel free to ask Mrs. Buchholz with any questions regarding scholarships!
Some national websites I suggest is http://www.fastweb.com/ , https://www.scholarships.com/ , https://colleges.niche.com/scholarships/ . Sites are free for students to make their own profile be matched with scholarship applications.
The College Board also has a great scholarship search at https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search#!welcome.
For students who plan on majoring in nursing: visit https://nurse.org/scholarships/ .
Scholarships due in March:
Scholarships due in April:
- New Ulm Hub Club Scholarship. For students that will study agriculture, agribusiness, or natural resources. Applicants must 1) Have minimum 2.0 GPA. Paper application. Due March 15, 2018. See more information here.
- Catholic United Scholarships. Must have an account for at least 2 years. Scholarship period will open March 1 to April 30, 2018. View information here.
- Citizens Bank Scholarship. Must have an account with Citizens Bank. Citizens offers 2 - $1,000 Scholarships that are renewable. Students applying for the scholarship are required to take 5 online scholarship courses, found on the Citizens Bank Minnesota website. Students must take the five required courses, complete and print the Post-Test from each course and also complete and print the listed Activity from each course. Tests and Activities will need to be turned in at Citizens Bank Minnesota to receive an application. Applications will be available February 2018. Applications are due in March 2018. View scholarship information here .
- Outstanding Young Adult Scholarship by the New Ulm Women of Today. One $250 scholarship. Paper application and 2 letters of recommendation (one from a school personnel and one from another adult). Due March 5, 2018. See more information here and here.
- New Ulm Area Sport Fishermen E.E. Mecklenburg Environmental Scholarship. For students planning a career in the environmental field and intending to enroll in an accredited two or four year college or university in Fall 2018. Paper application, transcript, two or three letters of recommendation, resume, brief 1 page essay about yourself, future goals, and why the environment is important to you. Due March 20, 2018. Pick up a paper application from Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here.
- New Ulm Medical Center Scholarships. For students majoring in nursing. Paper application and other materials required. Due March 30, 2018. View information here.
- Minnesota Women's Golf Association Foundation Scholarship. For girls involved in golf. Application and Essay. Due March 31, 2018. Pick up a paper application from Mrs. Buchholz. See more information here.
Scholarships due in May-July:
- Shane Fischer Memorial Scholarship. For Cathedral High School Seniors. Paper application. Due April 1, 2018.
- Minnesota American Legion Foundation Scholarship. Offering one scholarship of $500. For students who are a child or grandchild of a veteran. Paper application, high school transcript, personal letter, two letters of recommendation, and signature of American Legion Post Official required. Due April 1, 2018. See more information here.
- Optimist Club Scholarship. Offering one scholarship of $400 for a Cathedral High School Senior. For students who demonstrate personal involvement in school or community activities. Paper application. Due April 2, 2018 to Mrs. Buchholz. See information here.
- Brown County Rural Electric Trust Scholarship. Offering five scholarships of $200. Students must have a cummulative GPA of 2.5 and parents/guardians receive electricity from the Brown County Rural Electric Cooperative. Paper application, essays, high school transcript, and letter of recommendation required. Due April 2, 2018. See more information here and here.
- Tom Bovitz Memorial Scholarship/Minnesota Municipal Utilities Association. Offering one local $500 scholarship and four state scholarships varying from $2,000-500. Students must have a guardian/parent customer of an MMUA-member municipal electric or gas utility (New Ulm Public Utilities). Essay of 500-750 words responding to the theme of "Municipal utilities: good for all of us." and paper application required. Due April 2, 2018. See more information here.
- Gibbon Area Lions Scholarship. For students who live in the Gibbon fire department district. Paper application. Due April 6, 2018. See more information here.
- Nicollet/Sibley County Corn and Soybean Growers 2018 Scholarship. For students majoring in ag related fields whose family are a Corn and Soybean Growers member. Paper application and short essay required. Due April 13, 2018. See more information here.
- Horatio Alger Association Career & Technical Scholars Program. For students attending a community or technical college. Application opens March 15. Due in June. See more information here.