Welcome to the CHS School Counseling page! Hello, my name is Chelsea Buchholz and I am the 7-12 school counselor. I graduated from Minnesota State University, Mankato with my Master of Science degree in Professional School Counseling and my Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. I currently hold a K-12 school counseling license in the state of Minnesota.
As a school counselor, I deliver a wide range of services in working with students, parents, teachers, and the community. It is my job to help students at Cathedral High School meet their personal and academic goals. I am here to foster academic, social, and career development.
Some things I do as a school counselor are:
- individual counseling and crisis counseling
- small group counseling
- facilitate classroom lessons on career development and social development
- assist with each student's career and college preparation
- consult with parents
- collaborate with teachers and staff to increase student success
- coordinate college visits and scholarship information
- support the school mission
- coordinate and administer the PSAT and ACT Aspire Exams
I am at Cathedral on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 7:30 am-3:30 pm. Please stop in and visit with any questions or concerns. You can also reach me by phone or email.
Let's make it a great year!
(P): (507) 359-9315